If you're a project admin you can add a new Notification Rule to your project. Simply go to the Project administration view in Jira. If the Enhanced Notification plugin is installed you will see a Notification Rules tab listed in the navigation area.
Once you've clicked on the Notification Rules link, you will be presented with a list of the current created rules for this project. If you have not created any rules yet, there will be none listed.
Adding a new rule
To add a new rule, click on the "Add Rule" button. This will display a very simple dialogue asking you to specify the following:
- Name of the Notification rule (required)
- This name is not used elsewhere in JIRA. It is only used for rule identification.
- Screen containing the fields to append to the email notifications (optional)
- If a screen is not specified, the normal JIRA email template will be used.
- If you would like to use a custom screen, you will need someone with JIRA admin access to create a screen. Instructions are located in the JIRA documentation here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen.
- JQL snippet (optional)
- If nothing JQL query is specified, the rule will apply for all issues in the project utilizing the JIRA event specified below.
- Enter a JQL query in this field in order to trigger the enhanced notifications only for issues meeting certain criteria.
- Event to trigger the notification (required)
- Choose an item from the event pulldown. For an explanation of available events please see the JIRA documentation here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Event#AddingaCustomEvent-EventTypes
- Recipient of the issues (required)
- Choose a recipient type and, if required, supply the supplemental information requested.
- This pulldown contains the same recipient options that you will find in standard JIRA notification schemes. Please see the following JIRA document for explanation of the list of recipient types https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme.